Saturday, January 23, 2010

W.E.B. Du Bois Quote

As I find myself overwhelmed with school this quarter I tend to forget the importance of organization. Taking 16 units seemed like a great idea In the fall but I'm beating myself up every day realizing that I am neglecting one course that is slipping through my fingers each day. I cant seem to focus and make sense of all the material. Having a 6 month old isn't helping either. As I read through the textbook hes ripping the pages out of another. I'm pulling my hair trying to stay positive. I guess its time to step up to the plate and understand the material. So I googled some famous quotes from one of our thinkers to sort of get an idea of what in the world I'm getting myself into and this particular quote stood out to me.

"The problem of the twentieth century is the problem of the color line.” by W.E.B. Du Bois

And I think today this quote is still accurate.

1 comment:

MT said...

because we are all ripping our hair out a bit by now, I am letting the syllabus slip one day (not one week) to catch up rather than rush on. Tuesday we will "finish" Marx and set the stage for the remainder of the thinkers. Thursday will by my "lecture" on Durkheim - so all you Durkheim writer are now due on Thursday this week rather than Tuesday. Weber is next, so start reading Weber if you have him assigned.
this slippage is partly due to my (continued) being under the weather.